Hey everyone,

I am having some problem with the following code in Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows 2000 with Flash Player 9. I am trying to write code for a hotkey to recognize when both the CTRL key and either X,C, or V is pressed in order to do copying and pasting. I will attach a sample of the code below. This code works in Firefox with Flash Player 9 just fine and I have been told it works in Internet Explorer 7.0

I have a keyListener object set up which contains the following code.

var temp = this;
this.keyListener = new Object();
this.keyListener.onKeyDown = function()
{
        temp.checkHotKeys()
}
Key.addListener(this.keyListener);

In the temp object, I have the function checkHotKeys which is as follows:
function checkHotKeys()
{ //Ctrl-X
      if(Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL) && Key.isDown(88))
           this.editCut();
      //Ctrl-C
      if(Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL) && Key.isDown(67))
            this.editCopy();
      //Ctrl-V
      if(Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL) && Key.isDown(86))
             this.editPaste();
      if(Key.isDown(Key.DELETEKEY))
             this.editDelete();
}

I added some traces for Key.getCode() in the above function and found that when I was holding down the CTRL key and then pressed another key, Key.getCode() would still return 17, effectively not recognizning that the second key was pressed. Alternatively, if I held down X/C/V first and then pressed the CTRL key, it would update correctly.

Also, I replaced all instances of Key.CONTROL with Key.SPACE and it worked correctly with space bar.

Does anyone have any idea why this would not work in IE6 and if there are any workarounds? Has anyone even seen this error before?