Hello :)

1 - eq keyword is depreciated !! don't use "eq" but the == operator :)

if ( x == 2)
{
   // do it
}

2 - to move a movieclip, a simple example :

// the speed of the move
var speed = 10 ;

// the max x position
var xMax = 500 ;

mc.onEnterFrame = function()
{
     this._x += speed ;
     if ( mc._x >  xMax )
     {
           delete this.onEnterFrame ;

3 - better solution if you use the Tween class (exist in FlashMX2004 and
Flash8 with a FP7 or FP8 compiler in AS2), you can find this class in the
documentation of flash 8 in the reference of the components. Example :

import mx.transitions.Tween ;
import mx.transitions.easing.* ;

var tw:Tween = new Tween( mc , "_x", Elastic.easeOut, mc._x , 500 , 24 ) :
tw.stop() ;

mc.onPress = function
{
   tw.start() ;
}

You can use the Elastic, Bounce, Back, Expo, etc.. class to launch the
interpolation with a custom easing effect :)

The tween class is the work of robertpenner : http://www.robertpenner.com

EKA+ :)