William,

This came up on FlexCoders last month.  Following is a link to a reply I
posted there (that in turn includes links out to other sources):

I am interested in a thorough comparison of Flex 2 vs Laszlo, so if anyone
can provide a link I would appreciate it.

Has anyone here actually used Laszlo?  Can anyone provide first hand
impressions?

Following are a few more bits of what I have heard.

Back in the Flex 1.x days the price difference between Flex and Laszlo was
enormous.  Since Adobe rationalized pricing with Flex 2, Laszlo's price
advantage now is negligible.

At this point, the only runtime Flex 2 targets is Flash Player 9/AS3.
Laszlo targets FP7/AS2, plus Ajax/DHTML and soon Java ME.  I believe Laszlo
shows future development targeting FP9/AS3.

From what I can tell, Laszlo has limited IDE support.  Or at least not as
robust a support as Flex Builder 2 provide for Flex 2 development.  Back in
2005 an IBM alphaworks project was announced to provide Laszlo support in
Eclipse:
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/ide4laszlo

hth,