The same can occur with bitmaps because of the different way the players treat bitmap smoothing - Flash 8+ actually respects the smoothing property from the image (on the library) while Flash 7- depends on your global _quality settings first. So you might have to turn on the smoothing option on the library for the image you want.

Now, you say you have tested it with shapes, and this makes me intrigued. Do you have an example where shapes (not textfields, not bitmaps) are moving by 'pixel' positions only?

Zeh

hi Zeh
thx for answer, but at the end of my mail, I said that it isn't related to textfield, as the problem remains the same with a shape or bitmap inside a movieClip...
it seems that it's alaways moved on pixels...
++
PiR

Zeh Fernando a écrit :
> Since player 8 is out, it seems to be impossible to make a fluent
> animation if there are more frames than pixels, i.e a simple 100 pix
> tween on _x in 50 frames
> It's not really the player, but the compiler.
> see example here, it's the same code, juste changed the export player
> version, and it's not related on the textField, as the result is the
> same with a vector or bitmap movieClip:
> http://www.foolarts.com/lab/testAnimFP7.swf
> http://www.foolarts.com/lab/testAnimFP8.swf
> is there a way to have the FP7-like result, exporting in FP8 ?

This is because of the textfield rendering mode. You're probably using "antialias for readability", which provides better visual rendering but which has a necessary snap to pixels. Switch to "antialias for animation" for this textfield, which is equivalent to Flash 7- text rendering and takes pixel fractions into account when rendering the text antialias.

Zeh