delete ASO files

I'm having some weird behavior. The short version is, when I edit one
of my classes, and re-run the FLA in the IDE which absolutely is
dependent on this class, it is not getting the new behavior, and is
clearly running some older version of the class. Is there some reason
the IDE would get confused and keep classes in memory?

It's been a long day.