Hi Ron !
Thanks very much for your response -- we'll take a look
Kind regards

Ron Wheeler wrote:
Actionstep and Haxe address your concerns and are probably more like Delphi as development environments with the higher level functions that ActionScript does not provide.

Ron

Mike and Stephie wrote:
HI People !
Great list and we've seen a lot of incredibly useful stuff go past.
We're considering deepening our flash skills which are currently at an integration level. We notice with AS2,AS3 that there is some considerable (probably necessary) complication over AS1.

In a recent job we noticed that to retrieve an item dynamically from a combobox it took several lines of code yet in Delphi which we are more familiar with and is a full blown programming language it takes one.

The sense we get is that it is considered pretty evil to use AS1 -- it seems to be deprecated
-- we're encouraged in Flash 8 examples to use AS2 at least.

But with a component oriented architecture wouldn't it make sense to have a deeper component level language, then integrate with a light scripting level language?

Are we getting the wrong end of the stick?
We're looking for enlightenment.
Thanks again for a great list
Kind regards
Mike and Stephie