That really should give perfomance issues on anything.
I've found is that lines are alot slower to draw than fills, so much so that it's often a good idea to make fills of your lines when you need that extra boost.

But I suspect there's something more fundamentally wrong going on here. Exactly what is a bit hard to say without any code to look at.

I do most of my development with the fps set to max (120) and with a framerate counter in the scene, that way I can easily see when I do something that takes a big chunk of performance.

Martin Scott Goldberg skrev:
Heya guys, writing a repro of Asteroids and was getting an issue with
frame rates.  The frustrating thing is that on my pc it works flawlessly,
as well as a few other people I had play test it.  On others though
they're saying its chugging or starts chugging when the saucer appears.
Its been about 50/50 and is frustrating the hell out of me.  Especially
when it doesn't seem to matter if its faster cpu systems or not.

I've optimized as much as I can, cutting down on loops, having graphics
done as runtime bitmap caching when possible, etc.  I'm hoping the people
here have more suggestions.

Here is the version so far:
http://www.classicgaming.com/gamingmuseum/atariflash/asteroids-saucer.html

1 to start, up arrow to thrust, cntrl to fire, space for hyperspace.

Marty