Chris Griffith wrote:
I¹m working on a site where I have a nav which contains login information
about a user that needs to communicate with a body/content SWF in the page.
Basically, when I come across the need for the login info, I send a message
to the nav which in turn sends a message back with an object.  This works
flawlessly on Firefox for PC and all the Mac browsers I¹ve tried it on.  It
works about 2% of the time on IE (6 & 7) running both Flash player 8 and 9.
I¹ve read some theories that it might have something to do with the
SWFObject, but nothing very clear beyond that.

If you do a basic testing SWF, with basic in-page OBJECT/EMBED and a simple in-line piece of JavaScript to catch the messages, then does the symptom change?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd