hello list,

I am studying AS3 with the Flash 9 Alpha, and today I learnt one thing about
MovieClip classes, and I would like to ask if it is documented somewhere; I
haven't seen anything about this issue. What I did was:

1) I created a movieclip, and associated it with a class, that extends
MovieClip. And I put another movieclip inside this one, with the instance
name of m_mcTest, and declared it as a property of the class of its parent.
Something like:

class MyMovieClip extends MovieClip
{
   private var m_mcTest:MovieClip;
}

2) Testing the movie a few times, I perceived I had to declare the var
m_mcTest as public, because I was getting this error:

Error #1056: Cannot create property m_mcTest on MyMovieClip
   at flash.display::Sprite/flash.display:Sprite::constructChildren()

I cann't remember about having this kind of problem with AS 2, and I am
curious about if there is some docs about that.

thank you,
andrei