Once you download the stand-alone player, double-click on it to launch
it. That should then be the default stand-alone player for the system.

Steve

On 2/13/07, Richard Helgor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I've searched the internet for
hours and can't find an answer....

I'm building a Flash based application, which is kind of a kiosk type
app, and is designed to run specifically on 20" iMac's (1680 x 1050).

The machine's I have to build and test on are all Intel based one's.
Is it possible to get the Flash 8 Professional IDE to use a universal
binary version of the Flash player, when either using 'test movie' in
the IDE, or when making a Mac Projector?

I tried getting the Standalone Players from here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp9

And replacing the players in my IDE folder (in the players folder),
including re-naming them same as the one's in there, but to no avail.
Am I being really dumb, or can this simply not be done?

BTW, I also tried the Flash 9 AS3 Preview, but no dice - It seems to
be using Player v9, but a PPC version.

Regards,
Richard.