Nevermind the second part of the question about passing the combobox data, I
figured that out:

(in "class A")
        function cbChangeHandler(e){
                var t_cb:ComboBox = e.target;
                var thisData:Number =
t_cb.dataProvider[t_cb.selectedIndex].data;
                adminData.getWSdata(thisData);
        }

But the first part of my question regarding getting wsResulthandler to fire
once the Webservice data is received is still an issue.  Any ideas?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness