Hey all,

As per my earlier thread, I've been playing around with the "Component Definition" dialog box in order to create a class which extends MovieClip, where the class can be "passed parameters" (or, set in the Parameters tab as the case may be). This seems to implement what I want, but I'm puzzled about the behavior of the "Component Definition" dialog box. What I do is:

-- Set "Linkage...":

        AS 2.0 Class:   MyPackage.myClass

-- Open "Component Definition..." and enter Parameters like:

        Parameters:
                Type    sType   typeA   String
                Degree  nDegree 37.5    Number

-- Now, what puzzles me is the behavior of the "AS 2.0 Class" field in this dialog box:

        AS 2.0 Class:   MyPackage.myClass(val)

-- this seems to work; the parameters are set correctly for the instance. Puzzlement 1: "val" can be *anything*, as long as it's just one word (e.g. it can't be "sType,nDegree") and the parameters are set correctly!

        AS 2.0 Class:   MyPackage.myClass()

                -- this gives me a syntax error

        AS 2.0 Class:   MyPackage.myClass

-- Puzzlement 2: this causes all the parameters to disappear next time the dialog box is open, and the parameters aren't set for the instance!

Am I using this thing right? I can't make heads or tails of what's going on!

Thanks,
--Dave