There's a few ways you can do this, but here is one, using Bindings through the
Component Inspector.

First set the columns for the datagrid.
Add the following code to the first frame (where the button code is)

this.menu_dg.columnNames = ["name", "price", "calories"];

Add a TextArea component for the description of the selected datagrid item to
the stage, name it:description_ta
With the TextArea instance selected, set "editable" to false in the
"Parameters" tab.

Next step is to bind the .text property of the TextArea to the "description"
field of the XML connector.
You could bind the TextArea to the DataSet, but then you'd have to manually
create a schema for the DataSet's dataProvider in the
Component Inspector. Since the XMLConnector already has a Schema defined, we'll
use that one.

Bind the TextArea's "text" property to the XMLConnector's "description"
property: click the plus (+) sign, select the "text:String"
property, click "Bound To", click the magnifying glass icon, select
XMLConnector, then select the "description:String" property.
Select "in" for the direction.

Last thing to do is to tell the TextArea to display the description of the
selected item of the DataGrid.
However you do this through the XMLConnector..
Select the XMLConnector, select the Bindings tab in the Component Inspector.
There should be 2 Bindings

- results.dinner_menu.food
- results.dinner_menu.food.[n].description

The last one is the one we need. Note that it has "[n]" in the path, meaning
there's multiple "food" properties and we now need to
tell the XMLConnector which one to use.

Select "results.dinner_menu.food.[n].description" in the Bindings tab, click
"Index for 'food'", click the magnifying glass icon,
unselect "Use constant value", which will make the selections at the top
available, select "Datagrid" -> "selectedIndex:Number"

Test the movie.

regards,
Muzak