It would help if you posted what the error message was.

James O'Reilly  —  Consultant
Adobe Certified Flash Expert
http://www.jamesor.com
Design • Code • Train

Omar Fouad wrote:
I downloaded the source code but the Main.as file keeps giving me errors,
even with flash 9.
Why??

On 2/18/07, John Grden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

just a clarification: You *can* add code to the timeline as with previous
versions of flash.

On 2/18/07, JOR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AS3 is completely different than AS2.  You don't add code to the
> timeline.  Instead you create a document class and add code to that.
> Typically, I like to use a class named "Main" but you can name it
> something more to your liking.
>
> Here is a very simple example of what you might be trying to do.  I
> tried to keep it very basic to illustrate the important differences
> between AS2 and AS3.
>
> You can view the sample and download the source code from here:
> <http://www.jamesor.com/examples/RotationTest/>
>
> -- James
>

> James O'Reilly  —  Consultant
> Adobe Certified Flash Expert
> http://www.jamesor.com
> Design • Code • Train
>

> Gustavo Duenas wrote:
> > Hi, Ive been doing some experiments (some dumb ones) with the beta of
> > flash 9 from adobe labs and I just run this code, something happens,
> > maybe its me, but is some basic code. it shouldn't happened that way.
> > and other issue with this is that the beta doesn't have the
check  code
> > able, so I don't know if I writing this bad or not.
> >

> > this is the code.:
> >

> > stop();
> > this.onRollOver = function(){
> >     this._rotation--;
> > }
> >

> > and this is the message.
> >

> > **Error** frame1 : Line 5, Column 1 : [Compiler] Error #1087: Syntax
> > error: extra characters found after end of program.
> > }
> > ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable
> > Timeline1_3526e27cbdd211dbb7a6016cb38e89c is not defined.
> >
> > ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable
> > Timeline0_3526c86ebdd211dbb7a6016cb38e89c is not defined.
> >

> > Gustavo Duenas

> > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > http://www.figleaf.com
> > http://training.figleaf.com