Hi there,

I'm using swf studio as a swf wrapper. Unfortunately swf studio has not
been updated for vista yet. As a result you have to have administrator
rights to run the flash app.

Even more annoying is the fact that if you just run the application by
double-clicking the exe (or through an autorun file on a CD-ROM) the exe
won't start but will still be listed in the task manager. This means
that you manually have to quit the application in the task manager
before you can start the exe as an administrator.

The worst thing about this whole issue is that Microsoft didn't think it
was necessary to inform the user in any way when he tries to run a
legacy exe.
No error message - nothing. The app just won't start.

So my question is: "Are there any workarounds yet?" Do other swf wrapper
tools already work with vista?

I came up with this idea of creating a vista compatible windows form
application. This application would then open an alert popup window,
which informs the user that the application which is about to be
launched (my flash exe) requires administrator rights. It would then
prompt the user to
Run the application as an administrator, start the flash exe and quit.

Not sure if this is possible though ...

Any thoughts?

Robin