Hi David !
We found that in out situation that the big drama was getting tables to render.
We use this component:
http://www.flashrelief.com/tablemaker/features.html
for that part of it.
What it requires is that the code is xhtml compliant and will break if it isn't You can use one of the variants of HTML tidy to sort out the code, as long at the code architecture isn't screwed up too much We found that to import the XHTML into Flash as XML also works quite well and is more tolerant, but doesn't include the tables

If the huge database of HTML pages is legacy then methods as above would be helpful. If the HTML pages are currently being created it could be a good idea to first translate to xml then apply an XML transform to convert them

All of these ideas are high level -- if you need drilldown then just post again
Kind regards

David Townsend wrote:
Heya All,

I am currently working on a project where I am receiving a huge database of
html pages that I need to convert into xml to drive a flash application.
>From memory, many current html codes do not work in Flash and I was
wondering if anyone knew of a way of cleaning up the code, preferably in
php, so that it will work in Flash, and not make the xml file invalid.
Has anyone ever done something like this? I'd love some guidance on the best
way of approaching the problem.

Thanks!

David Townsend
Mobile: 0403 055 383
The Australian Imagery Company
Address: PO Box 5075, Sandhurst East, Vic 3550
Phone: (03) 54442340 - Fax: (03) 54442341
Email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:  <http://www.australianimagery.com.au/>
http://www.australianimagery.com.au