-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian
Thomas
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 3:16 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] MovieClipLoader woes

Hi all,
  Has anyone ever come across a situation where MovieClipLoader just
refuses to fire any events whatsoever?

  The situation:

- Flash 8, running in IDE or as local projector (on Win XP)
- A whole pile of successful MovieClipLoader calls have been made
(probably 50 or so by this stage), _including_ the very same bit of
code which later fails.
- Nothing else is loading/streaming at the same time.
- Three calls (in rapid succession) are made to a function which does
the following:

  - creates a new MovieClipLoader
  - creates a new MovieClip (at a new depth)
  - assigns a new listener for the MovieClipLoader
  - starts loading a .swf into the clip.

The first two times, it works perfectly. The third time, no events are
fired and the clip apparently doesn't load.

On each occasion, we wait for the previous load to successfully
complete first (onLoadInit) before we call the function again.

Completely repeatable each time.

The loaded .swf isn't doing anything odd (it contains no code
whatsoever).

*sigh*

Any ideas? Or robust alternatives to MovieClipLoader? (Bokel's
LoaderClass is a little heavyweight for what I want to do, but I might
take a look at it).

  Ian

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, displaying, copying, or
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete and
destroy any record of this message. Thank you.