-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Abaffy
Sent: 1 mars 2007 13:09
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Adding Dynamic Text to Scroll Pane

Hello,

        Thank you for the warm welcome, I am glad to be here.

The problem unfortunately still exists. Here is the code I now have.

Data = new LoadVars();
Data.load("/listing.txt");
Data.onLoad = function (success)
{
        if (success)
        {
                ListingTextMC.Listing_Text = Data.Listings;
                MyListingScroll.contentPath = ListingTextMC;
                MyListingScroll.Refresh();
ListingTextMC is a movie clip and all that is in it is a dynamic textbox
with the name Listing_Text

And there is no content in the scroll pane. I added a dynamic text box to
the same frame as the scrollpane and I can put the value of Data.Listing
into it so I know that I am reading the file correctly.
What I am I doing wrong here??

Hello Steve and welcome to flashcoders,

the proper way to set content for a ScrollPane is as follow :

MyScrollPane.contentPath = "myContent";

where myContent is a MC in your library with a linkage ID "myContent"

So what you should do is create a MovieClip with your dynamic text in it and
export it for ActionScript with linkage ID "myContent"

Look up the ScrollPane methods in Flash help as well for other tips.

Hope this helps

Alain

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com