Ok, well I suppose that I should clarify some of the concepts behind the
design.

First, typically when I do a general search on Google, it's usually for
something that's syntax related -- essentially, I use Google to search
livedocs. Unfortunately, Google tends to return results for the wrong
version of the product that I'm searching for. Hence, we have restricted the
google search to only return results from the latest version of the docs for
any given product. In this case, it's the Flex 2.01 livedocs.

If the problem that I have is more use-case related, I'd turn to the
developer community -- see what people have blogged about the issue. That's
why there's a "blogs/sites" tab on the search...so you can toggle between
the official livedocs results and the unofficial (although quite useful)
blog results.

In terms of displaying # of results -- we're working on that, but there are
some limitations in the Google AJAX API that are a bit restrictive.

The main difference between this site and google is that we have full
control over the sources of information being searched, so we can "separate
the wheat from the chaff" as it were.

For instance, it ONLY searches livedocs Flash 8 (vs old versions of
livedocs) and it ONLY searches specific blogs which we have found to contain
valuable information.

The key to this working is COMMUNITY SUPPORT. While we've added about a
dozen url's for it to return results in the blog/site search, we need
EVERYONE'S support to suggest the top sites where they've found useful
information about Flash & Flex. That's why there's a suggest a url function
at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
Steve Drucker
CEO