Hello :)

false ... JSON is more fast than XML in ActionScript ;)

You can use JSON or EDEN :

In my OpenSource framework (VEGAS) you can find JSON and EDEN implementation
... more speed, and keep the type of the properties (in xml you must check
the string and transform the type after the parsing)

The Eden page project : http://code.google.com/p/edenrr/

Vegas my OpenSource framework : http://osflash.org/vegas or
http://code.google.com/p/vegas/

The SVN directory of the project : http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/

The examples in http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/

The JSON examples (JSON 01.fla and JSON 02.fla) :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/vegas/string/
The Eden examples :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/buRRRn/eden/

The tools in the ASGard Extension to use JSON and EDEN :

- http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/asgard/net/ (
JSONLoader.fla and EdenLoader.fla)
- http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/asgard/config/ (
a config tool for your applications)
-
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/asgard/system/(Localization
02 -
Eden.fla)

For me ... the xml is really a no-ECMAScript solution to use external datas
with Flash ;)

EKA+ :)

2007/3/9, Merrill, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>Why not using JSON? I haven't used it yet but this seems like
>>a good opportunity from the examples I've studied.

Because JSON is Javascript and more suited for AJAX applications - IMO
it would take a lot more work using JSON in Flash than XML to get it
working in Flash while achieving the same outcome.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations
Learning & Leadership Development