hello Charles,

In respect to AS 3, I agree with you: create specialized classes is against
OOP, and the idea of having different movieclips being loaded for each
button is good.

The good thing of the old solution (the same used by gugga ff) is that
having all the animations of a button in a single timeline seems a bit
easier to visualize (for a designer) than to split the animations along
three of more movieclips. And all that I needed was a single class for all
the buttons.

thank you,
andrei