I was working along editing my class files in TextEdit and everything was working just fine, then I read that I could open my class files in Flash. So I closed out TextEdit and opened up my class files. These are in a folder "classes" in the folder containing my fla. I've defined "classes/" in my class path.

Weird thing is that now my classes don't seem to be recompiled. I've even quit out of Flash. I can't even get them to give up an error at compile time.

Is this a known quirk? I've seen this with component definitions, but this is just a regular class.

Other funny thing is that I can't get the compiler to put up an error if I misspell my call to the class as in

   var obj = new MysSpeltClas;

Thanks!