First free tutorial.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=6&cid=FD491 <http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=6&cid=FD491>

Nicola Alexander Schlup - LuniLogic wrote:
Hi,

I want to extend a gallery slideshow script (http://flash-creations.com/notes/dynamic_slidingviewer.php). It should just contain the slide thumbs, but bigger. This is not the problem. The problem is, that I want to have different swf width values, dependently on the users screen resolution.

The container for the images should change. For examples, with a screen resolution of 1024*768 Pixel, the container for the images should be 900*300 Pixel. With a bigger resolution, the width value would increase. The images itself should not change in size. So with a bigger resolution, I see more images on screen. With a lower resolution, I have to scroll more as I seee just 2 or 3 images.

My problem: How can I change the swf width size dynamically? Of yourse I could set the object tag values dynamically, but this would just stretch it. I would like to avoid using a swf file for every screen resolution.

Do you know a smarter solution?

Kind regards,
Nicola