I had nightmares with this. I never made it work on Mac with Apache server
as upload server with PHP 4. It is some combination there which is not
alright. I tryied the same php script and upload with html page and that
worked. But not with FLASH. It looked like it was uploading and it came
almost to the end and then I recived the error. I tryied with all those
tricks, like return an empty string, change the config files on the server
side etc... Everything that I found on the web. Finally I made an HTML page
for the Mac users that uploaded the file thru a form and then I past the
filename to the flash with swf object class.
If you find a solution I would love to hear it!