The other gotcha relates to shared libraries.  If you are using a shared
library you must republish that before you publish your primary swf.

Laurie Jensen

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2007 3:04 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] .aso cache frustration

So I am updating an AS 2.0 class file I wrote last fall, and when I go
to publish the .swf, I get the classic problem where the .swf doesn't
update with the new code in the class.  I verified it by commenting out
everything but the constructor which only contains the trace statement.
So I figured, it was just a simple matter of deleting the .ASO files
because Flash was still caching my old .as file. But no luck.  I also
verified all my classpaths were correct and pointing to the right parent
directory where the class file lives as a package.  The only way I can
get the new code to get injected into this .swf is to name the class and
file something else completely different and then import that into my
.swf instead.

Has anyone fixed this issue before? (and please don't tell me to use
MTASC instead - had enough problems with that which I plan to tackle
later :) )  Deleting ASO files (at least from the Flash 8 IDE option)
doesn't seem to do the trick.  Do I need to manually hunt down these old
.aso files?  Thanks.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations