If you cann't know how much the textfied has been scaled, maybe you could
use localToGlobal() and globalToLocal(). If you get the global values of
(0,0) and (textfield._width, textfield._height), you will can know how much
the textfield has been scaled. This is just a guess, but I think it will
work independently of how many times the textfield has been scaled (if it is
inside a scaled movieclip, and so on).

[]'s
andrei