Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and for pushing for public
explanations.

I contacted Dutch Adobe support and this is the explanation they gave:

---
" Thankyou for your email to Adobe Cs.
Why are European products more expensive than UE or American products?
The price of software in EMEA reflects both the additional expense to
develop and test Adobes applications for local markets and operating
systems, as well as for the delivery of complimentary Warranty support.
Adobes complimentary Warranty support covers product installation and defect
issues for the life of the current version of Adobes desktop applications.

Although Adobe Europe and Adobe US are different parts of the same global
company European Marketing strategies and pricing are not directly related
on those used for the US. The prices are not simply converted from the
dollar pricing used for US products, therefore,  the pricing used for each
country in the EMEA region may vary.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to
contact us."
---

My question: what is so specific about our local market that requires those
(huge?) additional expenses for tests and development to such extend that
prices have to almost double or if I understand correct even are 2.5 times
as high for UK customers then US customers.

By the way you would think that with the whole emphasis on local support
that the support person would answer in my local language (Dutch) but no,
the answer was in English and for further info I could phone to the Adobe
office in the UK or in Ireland. My point if I have to pay for local support
I want local support if not I would rather contact the American office and
pay the much lower price just like out American friends do. In fact I even
don't need support in my language but just to make the point... ;-)

I hope you, actual the people in charge of this ridicules pricing policy,
would offer us an option to order from a US store. Preferable downloadable
(upgrade/upsell) studio versions but others might be more interested in
boxed versions. I don't mind if that means that we must contact the US
support desk for assistance ;-)

John if you could make that happen I will pronounce you in advance: "men of
the year" and maybe I'll even consider to nominate you for the Nobel Peace
Prize ;-)

Thanks for listening.

cu,
Benny