timeline:

layer N ---  "mc1", "mc2", "mc3" MovieClips, etc.
.
.
.
layer 1 --- "empty" (MovieClip).

ActionScript

empty.loadMovie('newBack.jpg');

Or, just AS.

for(i = 10;i > 0;i--) {
   this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc" + i, i);
}

this.mc1.loadMovie('newBack.jpg');

Gustavo Duenas wrote:
ok ,I did it but stills is loading the image above the other layers (the layers of the code is the layer 1, there is 10 more above it)

this is the code I'm using but something else you advice me.

_root.createEmptyMovieClip('empty',0);
this.empty.loadMovie('newBack.jpg');
this.empty.swapDepths(this.empty);

I've tried the getNextHighestDepth() and nothing so far.

The images which is loading have to be as background for everyone, I know that I can use a movie clip or a loader in that layer, but writing code is more exiting for a newbie like me.

Regards