Hello :)

In the FP9 you can find 2 virtual machines, one for the AS3 and one for the
AS1/2 .. you can use AS1/2 or AS3 code but not the AS3 and the AS1/2 in the
same time :)

If you want communicate between your SWFs running in AVM1 and AVM2.. you
must use the LocalConnection class :)

a french article about this :
http://www.envrac.org/index.php/2006/07/07/98-as3-avm1-et-avm2

You can too read the article about the ApplicationDomain :
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/flash/system/ApplicationDomain.html

EKA+ :)