> Ever since the Flashcoders server went down, my posts to Flashcoders
> are taking a long time to appear.  Is it just me or are other people
> experiencing this?

I'm seeing the same thing... about a 2 hour lag time. So, by the time this
message actually hits the board, there will probably be many other responses
as well.

This creates a lot cross-talk on the board, that I don't think is a good
thing.

Though I'm not a frequent flyer on this list, when I do post, I'm really in
need of help... or really trying to help. So think about that...

-- User A posts help query
-- User A continues trying things -- with or without success

... 2 hours later ...

-- User A's post appears, and User B (or more) respond to query.
-- Not seeing a response, user A still has not seen any response
   so they continue working on the problem.

... 2 more hours go by...

-- User B's post appears with a suggested solution
   (or a "please post some code" response).
-- User A tries the suggestion, it doesn't work, he responds.

... 2 more hours go by...

You see where I'm going with this?!

The bottom line is that given the lag, the "usefulness" of this list is
cobbled.

Sure it's helpful if I'm working on a pet project in my spare time, no time
contraints. But, I use this list for help in real world situations.

Yesterday I posted a simple query about sources for XPath information. I'm
grateful for all of the replies, but by the time I saw the replies, I had
already found all of the suggested sources, because I wasn't sure when my
post would show up, or if/when replies would.

Dave, Can you do anything about the lag?

...Rob

P.S. I'm about to hit the send button at 10:08 AM EST (-500 GMT).