I'm going to throw a wild guess out and say that once the penetration begins
Silverfast will be to PC users what quicktime is to mac users... (meaning it
will be used by most PC users, but not as many mac users). With the
Microsoft backing, it will no doubt at some point be part of IE and be
included in Windows Updates.

If you're a fluent actionscript developer, it will be even more job
opportunities which is a good thing - as long as you're open minded to
learning it. It will attract more developers that currently use Visual
Studio/MS developer products.

It's early days yet, the developer application isn't out in public and the
MS push has not even begun.