From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Nils Millahn
Sent: 17 April 2007 10:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] preloader and cacheing problem

Hi John,

this shouldn't actually happen, unless the url to the SWF that's being
loaded in is modified to make it 'unique' each time the swf is loaded. That
can be done, for example, by appending a random number to the end, so you
get urls like myfile.swf?0.123347575.

This might have been the intention of the original developer, I guess.

Other than that, the swf should be cached. You could also post the loading
code, that might shed further light on the issue.

- Nils.