Gustavo,
  that's because you set the _x and _y without knowing whether POA.swf is
already downloaded or not. Firstly, it's better using createEmptyMovieClip
methods for referencing any clip on stage. the same situation also works well
for attachMovieMethod. as for AC 2.0:
  //=======================================================
  var depth:Number = this.getNextHighestDepth();
  var poaMovie:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("loader_mc", depth)
//======================================================
  if you insist to load using loadMovieNum method, then u should load poa.swf
into poaMovie variables, which now hold the reference to newly created mc named
loader_mc.

  to control the event, MovieClip Loader class will give you more control to
the loading and unloading process of your application.

  var depth:Number = this.getNextHighestDepth();
  var poaMovie:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("loader_mc", depth)

  var mclLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
  mclLoader.onLoad = function(success:Boolean){
      if(success){
          //now you ready to play with the mc
          poaMovie._x=-100;
        poaMovie._y=20;
  mclLoader.loadClip("POA.swf", poaMovie);

  hope that will help

Gustavo Duenas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi, I have this code.

var poaMovie= loadMovieNum("POA.swf", 30, "POST");

poaMovie._x=-100;
poaMovie._y=20;

so far it can call the movie and it loads, but when I try to have
this in the position I'd like for...nothing happens?
do you know why?
Ok I know I'd be using something else instead of loadmovienum but the
first time when I've try to read my swf inside a movie clip loader
component,
the dynamic content(a txt file) didn't load, so after some try-
outs , I just decided to use loadMovieNum because this works.

I know this a pretty dumb questions, but I know that there should be
a way to do that.

Gustavo Duenas
Creative Director
LEFT AND RIGHT SOLUTIONS LLC