From:  creativity
Sent:  2007-04-18 16:20:52
To:  flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
CC:
Subject:  [Flashcoders] video streaming help needed

Hi,

i m looking forward to built a simple site on lines of youtube.com I have
never used flash communication server extensively.  the site will have audio
and video streaming. which will be for most of the news item. We need video
streaming to be smooth and hassle free, which icludes identification of
bandwith and playing video quality accordingly. Web site will be dyanmic and
on .net platform. if some one can also guide me through for webserver
requirements for this it will be gr8 help.

thanks
Abhi

On 4/12/07, Doug Coning  <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I have a sample SWF file that I've been provided by a client that when
> opened, connects to a data source via XML Socket.  I have created a
> similar SWF file that communicates with their data source via XML
> Socket, however when my SWF file is opened, it shows the "Macromedia
> Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation" error and
> requires that the file be set in the global settings as a trusted site.
> Their file does not trigger this error.  I have looked at the original
> ActionScript code and can't see the difference.
>
> Could the error be triggered by the version that the swf is compiled at?
> Why would one swf file trigger the error and another not, even though
> they are calling the same data source and are in the same directory?
>
> Any feedback is much appreciated!!!
>
> Doug Coning
> Senior Web Development Programmer
> FORUM Solutions
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the specified
> recipient(s) only and are legally protected.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please "reply to" sender's e-mail address with
> notification of the error and then destroy this message in all electronic
> and physical forms.

Abhishek Kumar