Claus,

That's a great suggestion - the best answers are often the overlooked,
obvious ones.

But I don't think so - in the original SWFs, the masks aren't
movieclips - they're just fills. So, I don't know how you'd check
their width or height.

The key thing about the application is that I won't know anything
about the SWFs that are being loaded.

My app should simply load a swf into a container movieclip, then
attempt to scale it to fit the stage, and center it.

Ordinarily, I can just check the container._width and
container._height to accomplish this. But I've tested a few SWFs that
weren't working properly, and that's when I discovered that they were
using masks, which throws off the _width and _height.

I can't assume that the SWFs will use a movieclip as a mask.

Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers,
Matt

On 4/18/07, Claus Wahlers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to find the VISIBLE height and width of those
> SWFs; however _width and _height return the size of ALL the masked
> content.

Can't you just check the width/height of the mask?

Cheers,
Claus.

--
claus wahlers