Muzak, thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer.

On 4/20/07, Muzak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No problems here so far. ExtensionManager works fine.

>         components - in $flash/Components
>         classes - in $flash/Classes
>         help - in $flash/HelpPanel/Help

Those haven't changed.

The only thing that changed is they're now in an Adobe directory rather
than in a Macromedia dir.
e.g.
...\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes
has become:
...\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Classes

But since "$flash" always points to the Configuration directory it doesn't
matter.

I have several AS2 components installed and a few Panels (WindowSWF).
Panels written in AS2 still work in FCS3.

When you have FCS3 installed alongside F8 and open the Extension Manager,
it will list all the installed F8 extensions in the FCS3
window, but unchecked in the Extension Manager. You can simply "enable"
them and they'll get copied from the F8 install to the FCS3
install.
So if you have alot of F8 extensions that you want to re-use in FCS3,
don't uninstall F8 untill after you installed FCS3 (and
enabled the necessary extensions).

The components panel will list/show different extensions depending on
which type of document is currently open.
FCS3 has 2 types of FLA documents:
- Actionscript 2.0
- Actionscript 3.0

Components written for AS2 will only show up in the components panel if
you have an AS2 FLA document open.

regards,
Muzak