As noted in the method documentation, seek() does not go to the timecode you pass. It goes to the nearest keyframe to the timecode you pass.

Head over to YouTube and drag the seekbar around on a video and you'll see it jump between keyframes (you can see the time jump to those keyframes while you drag, as well).

It's a limitation of FLVs.

val wrote:
Does this bug also affect seek calls that are not made on some kind of
interval? I'm seeing some odd behavior when calling seek() on an FLVPlayback
component right now.  If it's due to this bug, that would be good to know.

If you need more info:
I'm calling seek() on a button release and at times the FLV will go back to
the beginning of the FLV instead of seeking to the time passed in the seek()
call.

Thanks!