Hi, thanks for your reply!

My curve isn't exactly a circle. Here's what my animated curve would look
like:
http://pages.videotron.com/poubou/flash/cannes01.html

The curve is drawn using the drawing API:
example:
 mc.moveTo(0,0);
 mc.curveTo(400,900,0,800);

So, I know the 3 bezier points that define my curve:
startpoint = 0,0
middlepoint = 400,900
endpoint = 800,0

With those values in hand, how can I apply them to your function:
> f(x) = A*x + x^2

Do I make any sense?