Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 10:09:43 +0100
From: Alistair Colling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Flashcoders] The best way to monitor load progress of
        multiple        swfs?
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com

Hi there, I am trying to figure out the best way to monitor the load
progress of swfs that are loading into each other. There are 20 swfs
(of different sizes) that load into my main movie and I plan on
it's download using movie clip loader class. I am fine using the
Movie Clip Loader class to monitor the progress of one SWF
downloading but I'm not sure how to approach checking the total
progress of multiple SWFs.
Previously I've created an object that holds all of the movies like
this:
////
var loadChecker:Object = new Object();
loadChecker.copyProperties = true;
loadChecker.checkServer = false;
loadChecker.howToPlay = false;
loadChecker.chat_mc = false;
////
each swf has this code that registers with the loadChecker object
that it has loaded:
////
_root["loadChecker"][this._name] = true;
////
and then a function that is triggered from a 3 frame looping MC
checks if the movies are loaded:
////
function checkLoaded():Boolean {
        var tmpBoo:Boolean = true;
        for (var k in _root.loadChecker) {
                if (!_root.loadChecker[k]) {
                        tmpBoo = false;
        _root.moviesLoaded = true;
        return tmpBoo;
}
////
If someone would suggest the best way so I can monitor the progress
of the loading of all SWFs so I can make a preloader that will show
the progress of all SWFs that have to load that would be really good.
Just a point in the right direction would be great :)
Thanks,
Ali