try ._visible = false on the mc buttons above
or check out event bubbling in AS3. I'm guessing you are doing AS2 though.

On 5/10/07, nik crosina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

Is there a way I can make movie clips transparent, so that the mouse
reacts to buttons that are under them?

I have the problem of buttons switching on large areas of content,
that then cover (with their rectangle outline, buttons that shoulds
still be accessible below them which I can't then click!

thanks!1

NIk

eric e. dolecki
senior interactive engineer