-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 9:16 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Motion to combine coders and newbies.

I appreciate the arguments and kind words, but I vote to keep them
separate.  Here's why:

1) Flashnewbies does have some rather advanced topics from time to time,
but we need to help those people graduate to flashcoders, or if they
don't get an answer, encourage them to ask on Flashcoders.
2) Flashnewbies is low-traffic (but not REAL low, I still see a dozen or
more messages a day), but that's a good thing in some ways.
3) Flashnewbies is a good place to ask non-coding Flash questions, like
questions about the IDE or general strategy.
4) Flashbnewbies is (sorry to say), so much more polite, personal, and
friendly than Flashcoders.  Mixing the two, we'd lose that.  Flashcoders
is a huge 2000-unit townhome development in the city.  Flashnewbies is a
small 10 home neighborhood in the country.
5) People who don't get the help they need on Flashnewbies should ask on
Flashcoders anyway.
6) Flashcoders don't want to see a bunch of newbie questions on this
list, especially when the same questions get asked over and over. It
will add traffic they don't want to have to sort or mentally ignore.
7) More Flashcoders should consider subscribing to Flashnewbies just to
help people out.  Think of it as community service.  You might even
learn some things (I do). :)
8) If this proposal  requires further consideration, we should at least
open the same thread on Flashnewbies to get input from people over
there.

Anyway, nice ideas, but personally, I don't think it would be the best
thing to combine the lists, no offense.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O Learning & Leadership Development
eTools & Multimedia Team

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, displaying, copying, or
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete and
destroy any record of this message. Thank you.