-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Johannes
Nel
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:45 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] flash and xpath

it seems you want to get the text value of a node. try this

var item:String = XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(doc.firstChild,
"/html/body/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'data']/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'campaign']/text()
")toString();

notice the text()

On 5/16/07, Jason Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm wondering if this is possible within flash 8 using the xpath api
> do something like this.
>

> var item:String = XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(doc.firstChild,
> "/html/body/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'data']/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'campaign'][2]
> ").firstChild.toString();
>

> now I know this works
>

> var item:String = XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(doc.firstChild,
> "/html/body/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'data']/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'campaign']
> ").firstChild.toString();
>

> but it seems that when you add any kind of nodeItem to the end of an
> item flash returns undefined.
>

> jason law, detroit
>
> organic, inc. | www.organic.com <http://www.organic.com/>
> retail tech lead | interface engineer
> e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | p: 248.454.3387 | aim: jaylaw81

> This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed
> and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise
> protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
> email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
> recipient,
> or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
> intended
> recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please
> immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk at (415) 581-5552 or
> by e-mailing us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org