If you try my example in a previous reply you'll see it working with passed parameters.

-- JOR

sebastian wrote:
BTW: I've noticed the second parameter doesn't pass, only the first.
I'm using flash 8, AS2.

I think this is a known issue... but I could be wrong. I'm using a split function to extract more parameters...

Thought I'd share!

wk,

seb.

eka wrote:

Hello :)

in actionscript (1 or 2) you can use the notation :

In your code... in the parent of your textfield (the parent movieclip), you
can creates the method "myMethod" ....

example :

var format:TextFormat = new TextFormat("arial", 12) ;
format.bold = true ;

var target:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc", 1) ;
target._x = 25 ;
target._y = 25 ;
target.myMethod = function( arg1, arg2 )
{
   trace( "callback : " + arg1 + " : " + arg2) ;
}

var field:TextField = target.createTextField( "field", 1, 0 , 0, 200, 20) ;
field.autoSize = true ;
field.border = true ;
field.setNewTextFormat( format ) ;
field.html = true ;
field.htmlText = '<a href="asfunction:myMethod,param1,param2">Link</a>' ;

You can use TextField.StyleSheet to apply a css style in your fields etc....

Read the actionscript reference with the words TextField and asfunction :)

EKA+ :)