Thank you Sebastian,

This questions would probably belong to the flashNewbie list but they have Jason there who advocates the use of 'Delegate. create' and sincerely that confuses the hell out of me and, at this stage I do not have the time to sit down and do any more learning than I am (school deadlines looming very ominously ;) )

So, to follow up onyour suggestion: I create an emptyMovieClip and then attach my textFileds and relative buttons, am I understanding correctly? something like:

_root.createEmptyMovieClip("container_mc", _root.getNextHighestDepth(), thisOne._x-100, 0, 130, 25);
      newId.createTextField("mySubText"+i, this.getNextHighestDepth());
subBtn = newId.attachMovie("butt_btn", dropMenuArray[i], this.getNextHighestDepth());

Am, I on the right track here?

Thanks

JohnT

if instead of creating your items in the root, you created them in a MC, you can then just delete/unload the MC holder and then create a new one. That will instantly remove all the sub-movie clip/buttons.

and, yes, you should try learning how to encapsulate your code in functions or, even better, objects since this will only save you time and create more clarity.

Jo