Ian Thomas wrote:

 You don't need admin rights to run an .exe file. Typically, you need
admin rights to run an _installer_, but if your app is a single
self-contained .exe then there's no need for an installer.

That's certainly news to me. Everything I have ever built has been broken down into multiple files, so I've never attempted to distribute a single file exe. However, I'm quite skeptical of what you are saying. As I understand it, a typical institutional/corporate privileges configuration restricts non-admin "execute" rights to only the Programs and Windows folders, which in turn have "write" privs set to false. This combination makes in impossible for non admins to run anything that hasn't been installed by an admin. (The typical exception being CDs and removable devices.) But this is just what I've inferred. I've never specifically asked. The other problem I've seen is that many users can't download exes through their institutional firewalls.

Don't get me wrong. I totally appreciate what you are saying and want you to be right! It just runs contrary to my experience.

Thanks for the input!

Andrew