Dear all,

We are trying to use Flash 8's FileReference API to upload the big media
files in our web app.

In our application we upload big media file first to some transient server
and then immediately in the same uploading process we start moving this file
to Amazon S3 file storage server.

The whole uploading process for big media file can be accomplished within
100 seconds, 200 seconds or even 10 000 seconds on slow connections.

Important note:
Only after the WHOLE upload process finishes, HTTP status code 200 is sent
from the server to the Flash player.

Unfortunately, for some reason, FileReference 'onComplete' event handler
ALWAYS fires after aprox.10-15 sec of time, regardless the fact that HTTP
status code 200 is sent from the server after 100 seconds, 200 seconds and
even 10 000 seconds.

Why is that?

Accordingly to Flash 8 livedocs, FileReference onComplete event handler
fires ONLY when Flash Player has received an HTTP status code of 200 from
the server .
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00002215.html

--
With flex regards,