I have a flash projector i use to download files,  with help i figured out
how to get the system too see if it was online and then download the
appropraite file,   the actionscript is

var result_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
result_lv.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {
   if (success) {
       trace("we got connection");
       getURL("http://www.domain.com/pdf.pdf";);
   } else {
       trace("no connection");
       getURL("downloads/pdf.pdf");
   }
};
var send_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

my_btn.onRelease = function(){
send_lv.sendAndLoad("http://www.google.com";, result_lv, "POST");
}

I am now trying to figure out how to make this script happen when the movie
loads (it is inside another movie) and to work on MANY links,
I want to just sent the download URL with this sript and then pull it with
each button?

I can't make it work right,  any ideas?

Thanks