as a side note. killing the stream (or calling stop) does not halt the
progressive download. you have to pass it a url that def does not exist.

On 5/23/07, Bob Wohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

So you're getting a path to the flv file via xml, correct?

you could create a video object, connect a netstream of the flv  and on
success kill the stream telling your function handler to load up the
component with the path to the url. With proper use of buffer time, this
route would be pretty close to weightless.

B.

On 5/23/07, Bruce Drummond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Video Player application using the FLVPlayback component.
> I've already built the entire thing so building a custom video player
> component is out of the question.
> I want to build in an error handling capability, that will check a
> URL's validity before setting it as the FLVPlayback components
> contentPath. The URL is pulled out of an XML file. I'm trying to do
> this to avoid the component become unresponsive when an invalid URL
> is passed to it. It's recommended to use try-catch-finally but I just
> can't get anything to work. I'm getting very frustrated.
> Appreciate any help. Let me know if you need more information.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce.

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org