I am sure this has an easy answer but i can't get my head around it and need help, please?! I am getting data from an external gtext file and using the information tobuild a menu with the following:
//
var myMenuData = new LoadVars;
var myTxt:Array = new Array();'
//
myFile = "../textFiles/menuLabels.txt";
myMenuData.load(myFile);
myMenuData.onLoad = function(success) {
   if (success) {
trace("LoadVars loaded successfully: "+this.loaded); <==this one returns = true
       myTxt = this.myVar.split(",");
       trace(myTxt[3]); <==this trace returns the correct value
   } else {
       trace("Could not get the data");
   }
};
trace(myTxt[3]); <== this trace returns undefined

I am unable to get the info out of the load function, what am i doing wrong? How can I make the info persistent?

Thanks
JohnT