thanks Daniel,
didn't know it was that involved ...
Nik

On 5/30/07, Daniel Portilla Heras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
HI nik again, sorry but these code are of the help and I don't read it so much. These options are
for a single-line textfield, that grows "infinitely". If you want to use multiline you
must to set to "true"

With the autosize you have to take care because, they are a lot of bugs about
this property of the TextFields.

I have to make my own function to autoadjust my textfield. It gets the width of the textfield, then It makes
the autosize to "none", it sets the width, and sets the autosize to the param ("left" or
"right") and it aligns the textfield again.

// Begin code
function autoadjustTXT(field:TextField, algnText:String){
        var wtext:Number;
        wtext = field._width;
        field.autoSize = "none";
        field._width = wtext
        field.autoSize = algnText;
        field.align = algnText;
}
// End code

Daniel Portilla Heras
Dpto. Desarrollo
Virtual Training
TELECOR
Tlfno: 915970193 Ext. 5864 (corp: 315 5864)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]